Summer in the City Activities 2010
Individual courses of intensive study were designed for each participant, as well as a variety of workshops, classes, and master classes for the entire group. Several full scholarships were awarded in Musical Theatre and Instruments.
Nine youth attended the 2010 Summer in the City program:
|Nolan Bateman||Theatre||CC School of the Arts|
|Kaylan Becker||Musical Theatre||Ashley Ridge HS|
|Jenna Chandler||Theatre||Wando HS|
|AJ Gardner||Lighting/Sound||Wando HS|
|Alexandra Martindale||Vocal||CC School of the Arts|
|Michelle Query||Musical Theatre||Stratford HS|
|Sasha Lorow||Theatre||Berkeley HS|
|Claire Thompson||Vocal||Wando HS|
|Josh Woolwine||Theatre||Wando HS|
Sightseeing, Tours and Visits:
- The Drama Bookstore
- Little Italy
- Ground Zero: WTC site
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- SoHo, Greenwich Village
- “Jersey Boys”
- “Lend Me a Tenor”
- “A Little Night Music”
- “La Cage aux Folles”
- “Lion King”
- “Stuffed and Unstrung”
Daily Classes with Instructors and Mentors:
- Bob Marks: Clients have included: Lea Salonga, Natalie Portman, Laura Bell Bundy, Sarah Michelle Geller, Britney Spears, Sarah Jessica Parker, and many more.
- Bill Lewis: Classical coach and Music Director for Ronan Tynan (Irish tenor); appeared at the White House twice during May 2008.
- Steven Stulich: former artistic director: “Opera Alaska”
- Mary Gould: Voice Technique; Founder and Producer: South of Broadway Theatre Co.
- Theresa McElwee, Speech for Actors: has been on Broadway in the tony award winning: “The Heidi Chronicles,” and “I’m Not Rappaport.” MFA from Yale School of Drama.
- Badiene Magaziner: Highly respected voice teacher. Graduate of The Juilliard School of Music. Has students in: ‘Billy Elliot,” “Mary Poppins,” “Shrek,” “Rent,” “Lion King,” and more.
- Robert White: Voice Faculty at the Juilliard School of Music
- Bob Luke: Casting Consultant/ Talent Management, NY/LA; Onset acting coach:
- “The Cosby Show”, “Music of the Heart”(featuring Meryl Streep),
- “Racing Stripes” and “Ransom” (featuring Mel Gibson), Disney’s ’07 release:
- “Enchanted” (featuring Susan Sarandon and Patrick Dempsey).
- Neal Lerner: Chairman for professional actors at the School for Film and Television. Has appeared in over 150 TV shows and movies including “LA Law” and “Seinfeld.”
- Judith Searcy: Head of Improv at the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts and was part of The Chicago City Limits New York Company.
- Becky London: BA and MFA from Yale School of Drama. Television credits include “Law & Order”, “Third Watch”, Quantum Leap” among others.
- Broadway Dance Center
- Maya Milenovic: Artistic Director of Montclair Academy of Dance and Laboratory Music Inc. She teaches young actors at the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute. She graduated in Choreography and Modern Dance from the London School of Contemporary Dance; and was an award student with Merce Cunningham Studio.
Sound and Lighting Design:
- Apprenticeships with: Scharff/Weisberg, One Dream Sound, HBO, NY Film Academy
Workshops & Seminars:
- Sarah Tilson, Assoc. Casting Director, Elissa Myers Casting: Regional theatre: Denver Centre Theatre, Geva Theatre, Cleveland Playhouse, Alabama Shakespeare Festival. Currently casting PBS miniseries about Helen Keller.
- Stephanie Holbrook, Casting Director: Movies: “Lady in the Water,” “The village,” for M. Night Shyamalan, “The Squid and the Whale,” “The Life Aquatic,” with Bill Murray. TV: “The Practice,” “The Chapelle Show” and “Roseanne.”
- Stephen De Angelis, Casting Director: has cast over 3,000 commercial’s for NYC’s first Ad agency, Grey Advertising. He has also cast more than 300 theatrical productions nationwide.
- Michael W. Rodriguez, Head of Talent: The Roster Agency: Has talent working on Broadway “Memphis,” “Next to Normal,” “Chicago,” “Billy Elliot”: On TV: “Ugly Betty,” all 3 “Law and Order” “Gossip Girl,” “30 Rock” and more….