Summer in the City Activities 2012
Individual courses of intensive study were designed for each participant, as well as a variety of workshops, classes, and master classes for the entire group.
Seven youth attended the 201 Summer in the City program:
|Cara Heissenbuttle||Musical Theatre||Charleston County School of the Arts|
|Jasmine Lynes||Musical Theatre||Charleston County School of the Arts|
|Helen McDonaldPhalon||Musical Theatre||Ashley Ridge High School|
|Mara Del Mar||Theatre||Home School Logos Academy|
|Karson Freeman||Theatre||Charleston Southern University|
|Callan Shattuck||Theatre||Charleston County School of the Arts|
|RJ Southwell||Theatre||Fort Dorchester High School|
- “Peter and the Star Catcher”
- “Porgy and Bess”
- “Venus in Fur”
- “Jack’s Back!” (OffOff Broadway)
- The NY Philharmonic: “Piano Concerto No. 22 in Eflat major, K482” by Mozart
- “Mass in C minor, Great, K427” by Mozart
Daily Classes with Instructors and Mentors:
- David SabellaMills is an extremely prominent NYC voice teacher who enjoys constant referrals from talent agents and casting directors. He has trained performers in many, many shows: Billy Elliott, Jersey Boys, In The Heights, Gypsy, The Little Mermaid, Guys and Dolls, The Pirate Queen, Curtains, The Color Purple, Chita Rivera A Dancer’s Life, Sweet Charity, Avenue Q, Wicked, Hairspray, Fosse, CHICAGO, Beauty and The Beast, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Mamma Mia, Man of La Mancha, …Forum, The Life, Miss Saigon, Naked Boys Singing.
- Bill Lewis: Classical coach and Music Director for Ronan Tynan (Irish tenor). Has appeared twice at The White House.
- Mary Gould: Voice Technique; Founder and Producer: South of Broadway Theatre Co.
Musical Theatre Song Performance Classes:
- Mary Gould, see above
- Bill Lewis, see above
Kinesthetic Performance and Movement Classes:
Jesse Nager: creator of “Broadway Boys.” Has been seen in “Mary Poppins,” “Mama Mia,” “Fame on 42nd Street,” “Good Vibrations,” and “Xandu.” Addiotionally, he has performed with many pop singers such as Mariah Carey, Patti LaBelle, and Shania Twain. Jesse is a graduate from the acclaimed LaGuardia High School for the Performing Arts in Manhattan (the school that “Fame” was based on). Recently he turned down the lead role of Michael Jackson in “Thriller: LIVE,” and roles in Broadway’s “Leap of Faith” due to “Broadway Boys” obligations.
Stage Combat Technique Classes:
Mike Rossmy, stage combat instructor at Roy Arias Studio.
- Bob Luke: Casting Consultant/ Talent Management, NY/LA; Onset acting coach:
- “The Cosby Show”, “Music of the Heart”(featuring Meryl Streep),
- “Racing Stripes” and “Ransom” (featuring Mel Gibson), Disney’s ’07 release:
- “Enchanted” (featuring Susan Sarandon and Patrick Dempsey).
- Neal Lerner: Chairman for professional actors at the School for Film and Television.
- Has appeared in over 150 TV shows and movies including “LA Law” and “Seinfeld.” “My Idiot Brother.”
Judith Searcy: Head of Improv at the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts and was part of The Chicago City Limits New York Company.
Workshops & Seminars with Agents and Casting Directors:
- Eileen Haves, Talent Agent. One of the most respected names in the business for the last 20 years.
- Charlie Winfield, Talent Agent, Funny Face Today
- Jennifer PeraltaAjemian & Robin Carus, J&R Creative
- Eve Battaglia, Casting Agent. “In demand indie film casting powerhouse” known for movies like “TransAmerica,” and “Sleepless in Seattle”